The thing that I love most about climbing is……
The sense of accomplishment I feel when I accomplish a route or problem that I never thought I could ever do. Many times I am inspired to try harder when I see my peers accomplishing a project of their own – it really enhances the energy at the climbing area. Furthermore, I enjoy the strong relationships that climbing has brought me; I would not be the same person I am now had it not been for the role models that I had growing up in the climbing community. I believe that climbing has shaped me to become an open minded, patient, and friendly person that enjoys every interaction with others.
My proudest climbing related moment was……
Competing on the US National Team in Montreal at the 2008 IFSC Continental Championships. I had a great performance on all three days of the competition which ended up placing me in 7th in the 18-19yr category. My climbing was very consistent from day to day – I deciphered all the cruxes and pulled moves that I could have never have seen myself pulling before. My family and coach were there to help support me at this competition which made the experience that much sweeter.
The Highlights of my involvement with climbing include:
- Captain, Bolingbrook Climbing Team, 4years.
- Vertical Endeavors Premier Climbing Team- 1years.
- Hidden Peak Climbing Team 5yrs.
- Compete in USA Climbing Competition and Other Professional Series 9 years:
- 2005 Climbing Nationals in Boston, MA ranked 20th
- 2006 Climbing Nationals in Portland, OR ranked 17th
- 2006 Bouldering Nationals in Boulder, CO ranked 13th
- 2007 Climbing Nationals in Ann Arbor, MI ranked 10th
- 2008 Bouldering National in Boulder, CO ranked 10th
- 2008 Climbing Nationals in San Jose, CA ranked 14th
- December 2008 Continental Climbing Championships in Montreal, Quebec, Canada ranked 7th
- February 2009 Adult Professional Bouldering Nationals in Boulder, CO ranked 32nd
- July 2009 Mammut Professional Bouldering Championships Salt Lake City, UT ranked 22nd
- January 2010 Climbing Nationals, Salt Lake, UT ranked 13th
- February 2010 Bouldering Nationals, Washington D.C. ranked 20th
- 2010 Unified Boulder Championships Earth Treks, Baltimore MD ranked 32nd
- 2010 Unified Boulder Championships Summer Outdoor Retailer (Trade Show), Salt Lake City, UT ranked 39th
- Fall 2009
- Flower Power 13b RRG
- The Madness 13c RRG
- The Force 13a RRG
- Bohica 13b RRG
- Winter 2010
- Spring 2010
- Kaleidoscope 13c RRG
- Darth Mal 13b/c RRG
- Elephant Man 13b RRG
- Calm Like a Bomb 13a RRG
- Easy Rider 13a RRG
- Summer 2010
- Unknown 13a The Swamp, Toronto CA
- Unknown 13a The Swamp, Toronto CA
- Unknown 13c The Swamp, Toronto CA
- Fall 2010
- Dirty Smelly Hippie 13b RRG
I am excited to be part of the AAO Ambassador/Athlete program because……
This opportunity will allow me to further my involvement in the climbing community. I will grow more aware of the technical pieces of clothing and equipment that I will be representing. I feel that I am in contact with many people in Chicago as well as across the country, which puts me in perfect position to spread the news about AAO. In addition, I will get to sport some cool new gear.
Some accreditations that I have are……
- USA Climbing Coach
- Ellis and Associates Lifeguard Certification (First Aid, CPR, and AED)
Some of the organizations that I belong to are……
- USA Climbing
- Access Fund
- Chicago Ascension Collation
- Unified Bouldering Championships
Something most people don’t know about me-(that I’m O.K. with people knowing)-is…..
I started climbing in trees before ever touching rock.
My favorite food is……
My biggest addiction is…….